星期六, 1月 14, 2006

The first week of school was rather free for me. On friday I only had one lecture and a project meeting. It's weird to have such a slack schedule....but I know this would just be the calm b4 the storm since ee2001 project is gonna be a killer module....6 modules again this sem...I've taken like 4 straight sems of 6 modules...hope it pays off.

After my lessons I really had nothing to do and it was too early to play basketball(basically suicide to play at 2pm). So in the end I actually followed a friend and crashed a history lecture. It was on Vietnamese history and was taught by a caucasian prof. The prof was actually pretty good and he made the lecture so interesting that I've actually managed not to wander off or fall asleep in the entire two hours...Can't say the same for the lecturing style of engineering professors.Also makes me wonder why I'm doing engineering when I find history much more interesting.

Then I followed my friend home....haha....i must have been pretty irritaing..tagging along like a little kid
. It's fun looking at other people's photo albums and see how they've evolved over the years. So far, I think I've changed the most throught the years as no one from my primary school could recognise me without me bloating my face or showing them an old photo. Then comes dinner....hehe...being so sick of the food in NUS I decided to be thicked-skinned and said yes when my friend's mom asked me whether I was staying for dinner. Vegetarian food by special request! Taiwanese style 泡菜 makes a great appetizer and is super with 臭豆腐...makes me drool just thinking of that. Great restraint was exercised on my part to refrain from eating up everything( or else my friend's siblings would come home to empty dishes...haha). Plus playing basketball on a full stomach is never a good idea. Basketball at PGP later on was also pretty fun. The courts were really full of pple as it's the first time it didn't rain in the week.

A hilarious incident happened at the court. The courts were full not only of pple playing basketball, but also pple playing soccer at the midcourt area. Guys...it's called a BASKETBALL COURT for a reason...CAN'T U READ THE SIGN THAT SAYS " NO SOCCER ON THE BASKETBALL COURT"? The soccer guys keep coming into the playing area of the pickup games and it was pretty irritating, having to stop play from time to time because the soccer ball got in the way. Someone almost sprained his ankle because of that. After yet another soccer ball come right into the painted area of the court, someone from the court opposite mine finally snapped, picking up the ball and kicking it all the way into the forest...lol...expectedly tempers flared and the two crowds started to come together. I'm not trying to be racist here...but the matchup is Indians(soccer) vs Chinese(basketball)...this otta be good...I actually wanted to take some pics and videos with my phone but thought the better of it because I didn't want to risk damaging my spanking-new phone.

The funny thing is that at first the Indian crowd was really agitated and started pushing and shouting at the Chinese guys...bad move..why? coz the entire basketball court is almost predominantly PRC, at first everyone looked over...and then they started walking over...Oops...and that's like around a 100 vs 15 situation. I think that if both sides have the same number of pple a fight was sure to take place. Me and my friends were actually pretty amused by the situation as it's fun seeing how fast pple can change their attitude. Moral of the story? Do not mess with the Chinese, especially when you are outnumbered...